- Enter the 2022 Convention Logo contest. Deadline: December 31, 2021.
- Our youth and adult contests are open April 1 through June 15 of each year.
- Member literary contributions for the yearbook are accepted August 1 through October 15.
- Guidelines for contests can be found in the current yearbook and online here, https://www.kansasauthorsclub.org/writing-contests---all-ages.html
- Learn more about Kansas Authors Club at KansasAuthorsClub.org or visit us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/KansasAuthorsClub/
Dear Kansas Authors Club Members and Area Artists,
District 2 looks forward to hosting the 2022 Annual Writing Convention, and we need YOUR help. Design the winning logo and you will receive a $50 honorarium, as well as a featured spot in the convention program.
We will consider any type of artwork that can be submitted and translates well in JPG format. (If you paint or draw by hand, simply scan or photograph the image.)
The Theme for the event is—
The Write Way to the Future
Instructions for entering:
1. Design a logo/image/graphic incorporating the words, “The Write Way to the Future.” Save, scan, or photograph the design in JPG format.
2. Submit your logo via the Kansas Authors Club Submittable website: https://kansasauthorsclub.submittable.com/submit
3. Deadline for Entry: December 31, 2021.
Questions? Email Tracy at KansasAuthorsClub@gmail.com.
Due Between August 1 and October 15, 2021, electronic receipt or postmark
THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO DECEMBER 31, 2021
- Every Member having paid current dues is invited to submit ONE literary contribution for the yearbook. That submission can be either prose or poetry. Prose is limited to one printed page (no more than 500 words). Poetry is limited to one printed page (no more than 40 lines including spaces between verses).
- All literary contributions remain the property of the individual authors. Authors may continue to use or distribute their work without requesting permission from the Kansas Authors Club. No work printed in the KAC yearbook may be copied or distributed in any form without explicit permission from the author.
- Yearbook Submissions are preferred via the online site, Submittable. There is NO CHARGE to submit a yearbook entry.
- The Submittable Site will be open to accepting yearbook entries between August 1 and October 15.
- Prepare your document as you normally would for print submission.
- The link for submission is: kansasauthorsclub.submittable.com
- Complete required information. (Name, address, etc.)
- Select file and upload for submission.
- Please do not submit 2022 yearbook entries before August 2021.
Reports from State Officers are due October 15, 2022 (but this form will stay live through the end of the year for late submissions). All officers should submit current contact information including postal address, phone, and email address to the Yearbook Editor. Outgoing officers should coordinate with their incoming replacements to make sure information for the yearbook is complete and submitted in a timely manner.
District Reports should include a summary of each district’s activities for the year (approximately 250 words), a brief treasurer’s report, and the names and addresses of the officers for the new year. A head and shoulders photograph of the president for the coming year should accompany the report.
*Please note that for yearbook publication, districts are expected to have officers in place for the coming year no later than December 31.